ThomasNATION Reviews - Music is Everywhere

November 12, 2022

 

I won’t lie to you guys. When I heard the song from this episode (which, believe me, I’ll get to), I flat out just did not want to review it. I’ve been pushing it back since April, since I was really worried that this episode wouldn’t be just bad, it would be Dragon Run bad. But eventually, I thought maybe it’s time to face the music and give it the time of day. So, with that said, is it as bad as I was expecting, or is there actually something more to be discovered? Let’s begin.
A concert’s being put on at Vicarstown, one that Nia is extremely excited for. But one after another, things go wrong; Gordon’s running late with the instruments and; more importantly, Nia gets stuck on the other side of not-Vicarstown Bridge, so Thomas and his friends decide to bring a concert to her.
I’ve made it no secret in the past that despite not liking the series, I love what they’re doing with Nia. In the original, I’ll admit she wasn’t terrible, but she was just kinda bland and forgettable with no real presence in the Steam Team. Here, she’s given a passion for music, which makes for an interesting dynamic, especially here. There’s something really charming about her and Thomas making their own little music as they go along. But aside from how Nia’s handled, another compliment I’d give the episode is the humor. Not every joke’s a hit, but a good amount of the comedy is worthy of a good chuckle now and again.
If we’re being honest, my one real spot of criticism is the song, titled…well, Music is Everywhere. It’s just a bland remix of Wheels on the Bus without any good rhythm or clever changes to the lyrics. Granted, I’m not the right demographic for a song like this, since I’m a twenty year old man discussing a remix of a song aimed at two year olds, but at the same time, for a show that prioritises having a new song in nearly every episode, I was at least expecting something original. I mean, give I’m Gonna Chug credit, it at least had some variety in its lyrics. Otherwise, my only other criticism is that it can meander a little in the middle, to the point where at the episode’s end, it almost feels like nothing really happened.
Other than that, is this episode as bad as I was anticipating? No. Far from it. This episode is actually pretty okay. It may feel a little pointless with a terrible song, but some of the comedy’s decent and development of Nia is pretty intriguing, so I’d at least say it was worth the watch. Is it gonna change anyone’s mind on the show? Probably not. Was it at least a nice surprise for me? Yeah, so it’s a 3/5.

Final Score: 3/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow us on Twitter!