ThomasNATION Reviews - More Cowbell

May 04, 2024

Considering that Thomas the Tank Engine in its later years of its run loved to reference all sorts of entertainment culture like 'Titanic' and 'Bambi' in Season 21's 'Terence Breaks the Ice' as well as 'The Terminator' in Season 23's 'First Day on Sodor', it was a matter of time before our little blue tank engine got around to doing his own take on what is still hailed to this day as one of the greatest SNL sketches ever made.  But much like with Blue Ɩyster Cult recording their biggest hit, did this episode have 'what appears to be a dynamite sound'?  The answer to that is...I could've used a little more cowbell.  
Not that this is a bad episode per se because seeing Thomas and his friends sharing this cowbell was a lot more believable in my opinion than what we saw back in 'Dragon Run' where it apparently needed five engines to deliver a puppet, but the fact Thomas just grabbed a cowbell off the side of the tracks and didn't think to ask anyone at all if it belongs to them honestly gave me bad vibes from Season 14's 'Thomas and the Snowman Party' which not only is one of the worst episodes of the Nitrogen Era and the original television series as a whole but it also had what was honestly a very toxic moral in my opinion of how it's okay to steal things without permission thus you can imagine why this episode feels like it completely fell apart for me and many longtime fans of Thomas The Tank Engine after the first twenty to thirty seconds.  
I've got a fever, and the only prescription is not 'More Cowbell' since I have never felt more bad for a cow than I did here since what could've honestly been an improvement from past episodes was soon turned into an experience which I feel like will harm kids' education in the long run and that is why I'm gonna have to give 'More Cowbell' a rating of a 3/5.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow us on Twitter!